THE EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION
FOR CHINESE PHILOSOPHY
EACP / 歐洲中國哲學學會
The Association aims to:
- encourage and advance all academic and scholarly activities related to Chinese philosophy in all countries of Europe;
- create and maintain a platform for a fruitful cooperation and exchange of ideas;
- open a dialogue between scholars of Asian, especially Chinese intellectual history;
- offer a platform for the presentation and discussion of recent topical researches;
- organization of regular biennial conferences;
- organization of seminars, thematic conferences, workshops, symposia, study events, lectures;
- support for young scholars;
- publication projects;
- establishing platforms for contacts and cooperation between scholars and students conducting research in and teaching in the fields Chinese philosophy and intellectual history;
- facilitation of cooperation with other organizations and institutions with similar aims;
- dissemination of information and resources related to Chinese philosophy.
The EACP has been officially founded in February 2014 in Ljubljana, by Jana S. Rošker, who was also its first president. The first executive committee and the first EACP board were elected in the inaugural session, which took place at the University of Ljubljana in October 2014. The inaugural conference of the association was hosted by the Vilnius University and organized in June 2016 by the first vice president of the association, Vytis Sillius. The next conference will be held in September 2017 by the newly elected vice president Ralph Weber and under the presidency of Vytis Silius.